Click to download PDF: Music Resources for Grief
“Music for the Soul” is a wonderful non-profit organization that produces Christian music to help not only those dealing with grief, but also those who with specific mental health diagnoses. The CD’s can be ordered from their website. You can listen to a portion of the songs and read the lyrics before ordering:
- “The Twenty-Third Psalm”-A beautiful and different arrangement of this beloved psalm.
- “Chaos of the Heart”—Especially for those who are grieving following the suicide of a loved one.
- “Drink Deep”— A beautiful gift for those who are grieving following the death of a loved one.
- “Mercy Great Enough” – Offers hope, connection, and healing for women and men who have carried secret guilt and shame over an abortion decision in their past.
- “It Doesn’t Feel Like Christmas” – For those who are dreading the holidays for any reason.
“Quiet Heart Music” is another wonderful resource with lovely quiet piano arrangements of familiar hymns, worship songs, secular songs, and even classics that speak to the grieving heart. Henry Wiens is both the arranger and the artist who plays the arrangements. Click here and scroll down the home page to get to the albums available and to listen to portions of the selections on them.